Zoning & Building permits -obtained through
PA Municipal Code Alliance
318 Georgian Place, Somerset PA 15501
Add Text Here...
When is a Zoning/Land Use Permit required?
- Section 602 Zoning Permit- No building, structure, or sign shall be erected, constructed, moved, or added to, nor shall land be put to any use without a zoning permit issued by the Zoning Officer. No such permit shall be issued except in conformity with the provisions of this Ordinance, or upon written order from the Zoning Hearing Board in the form of an administrative review, special exception, or variance as provided by this Ordinance or by the Court.
- Alterations- As applied to a building or structure, a change or rearrangement in the structural parts in the existing facilities, or an enlargement, whether by extending on a side or by increasing in height, or the moving from one location to another, or any change in use from that of one zoning district classification to another.
What is considered a Structure?
- Any man-made object having an ascertainable stationary location on or in land or water, whether or not affixed to the land-as per the Municipalities Planning Code (MPC)
- Examples of Structures include but are not limited to: Buildings-primary or accessory, fences, signs, pools, sheds, and retaining walls...
What is needed for permit?
- Completed application
- $75 Fee remitted with application-made out to Jennerstown Borough
- Site/plot plan- this shows location of proposed building, property boundaries on all sides, locations of existing rights-of-way, stream(s), flood plain(s), public and/or private roadway(s), driveway(s), well(s), septic(s), existing structures and present usage or occupancy